Got something lovely, shiny, gorgeous or sparkly to share? Join the twitter feed @ThingsToDoinMcr, or get in touch at manchesterthings@outlook.com

Friday 29 July 2011

Ben & Jerry's Sundae in the Park: Photos Galore

Even the most cursory glance at this blog will tell you that I am NOT a photographer. Kindly friends are always making helpful suggestions about other blog providers that I could switch to in order to include more photographs, but I'm quite happy as I am; I am unskilled with the camera, I cannot be bothered to carry one around with me (nights out and cameras are rarely a good combination for me - previous unfortunates have ended up forgotten on a bar stool, or drowning ignominiously in a cocktail spillage) and - most importantly - I am far too greedy and impatient to faff around photographing my food before I eat it or my cocktail before I drink it.

That's not to say, however, that I do not admire someone who DOES have a flair for photography, and to that end I am more than happy to include a link here to some ace photos from Sunday's Ben & Jerry's Festival in Heaton Park. This is, of course, another reason for being rubbish at photography; one gets to sit peaceably on a picnic blanket eating free ice cream whilst someone else does all your actual work for you (and I thought it might be pushing it a bit if I went into the Press Pit and started taking pictures with my iPhone camera...)

So enjoy the pics, and don't blame the photographer for the high percentage of photos of Huey Morgan from The Fun Lovin' Criminals: he is over-represented at the behest of the good women of Manchester (well, the ones that I know, anyway). Loooking forward to next year's festival already :)

No comments: